Most above ground storage tanks were placed into operation prior to 1970 with a minimum of installation and operational regulatory requirements. Today, the condition of many above ground tanks is suspect. The Spill Prevention and Counter Measure Control (SPCC) regulations have been amended to include structural integrity assessment to address this problem. Superior Services’ STI certified inspectors supervise the integrity assessment of shop-fabricated above ground storage tanks and recommend upgrade options to prevent leaks and accidental releases including:
- On-site visual inspection.
- Internal inspection with ultrasonic measurement of metal shell.
- Application of internal lining.
- Installation of spill containment, overfill prevention and venting.
- Welded repairs and modifications.
- Comprehensive, fully documented inspection results.